The Government of Maharashtra has taken a significant step towards providing social welfare benefits to students in the state by introducing the Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) or MahaDBT scholarship portal.
This portal aims to support the education of Maharashtra students through various programs, including e-Scholarships. Its primary objective is to ensure the efficient distribution and administration of scholarships across the state.
With approximately 45 scholarships available for Maharashtra-based students, the MahaDBT portal serves as a comprehensive platform for students to access financial aid.
List of MahaDBT Scholarships
The MahaDBT scholarship portal encompasses scholarships offered by eight departments within the government of Maharashtra. These scholarships cater to students from various social strata and are administered by the following departments:
- Directorate of Technical Education
- OBC, SEBC, VJNT & SBC Welfare Department
- Social Justice and Special Assistance Department
- Tribal Development Department
- Directorate of Medical Education and Research
- Minority Development Department
- Skill Development, Employment, And Entrepreneurship Department
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri
- Directorate of Art
- MAFSU Nagpur
- Department Of Agriculture
- Department of Disability
MahaDBT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the MahaDBT Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of Maharashtra.
- Academic Achievement: The candidate must have achieved a minimum of 60% in Classes 10 and 12.
- Income: The applicant’s annual household income must fall between INR 2 Lakh and INR 8 Lakh, depending on the specific scholarship.
Required Documents for MahaDBT Scholarship
Applicants must provide the necessary documentation to apply for scholarships available through the MahaDBT portal. While the complete list of required documents can be found on the portal, here are some commonly requested papers:
- Aadhar Card
- SSC (10th std) Marksheet
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- All semester Marksheets
- HSC (12th) Marksheet
- Previous Year Marksheet
- College fee receipt
- Cast Certificate
- Income Certificate of the current financial year (from Tehsildar)
- Rashan Card
- Gap Certificate (if required)
- Domicile Certificate
- Self Declaration
- Hostel Certificate (if required)
- Cap allotment letter
- Handicap Certificate (if required)
Application Procedure for the MahaDBT Scholarship
The Maharashtra government offers various scholarships to its citizens through the MahaDBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) portal. Before proceeding with the scholarship application, applicants must register on the portal and carefully follow the provided instructions. It is important to note that an Aadhaar number is mandatory for applying to any scholarship program via the portal. Here are the steps to apply for scholarships:
- Visit the homepage of the Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal.
- Select “Post-Matric Scholarship” and then “New Applicant Registration” from the menu to register.
- Provide the required information and click on the “Get OTP for Email ID Verification” and “Get OTP for Mobile Number Verification” buttons to verify your email id and mobile number.
- Log in using your registered email address and password.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and proceed.
- Verify your Aadhaar number using an OTP or biometrics.
- After successful verification, the applicant information retrieved from UIDAI will be automatically populated.
- Access the dashboard to view available scholarship opportunities.
- Select the scholarship you wish to apply for and click on the “Apply” icon.
- Complete your profile by providing all the required details.
- Navigate to the “All Schemes” section and search for the desired scholarship.
- Choose the scholarship you want to apply for.
- Fill out all the required fields and upload any supporting documents if they haven’t been uploaded already.
- Finally, submit your application.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Who is eligible for the MahaDBT Scholarship?
To be eligible for the MahaDBT Scholarship, you must be a resident of Maharashtra, have achieved a minimum of 60% in Classes 10 and 12, and fall within the specified income range.
How many scholarships are available through the MahaDBT portal?
The MahaDBT portal hosts approximately 45 scholarships for Maharashtra-based students.
What documents are required to apply for the MahaDBT Scholarship?
Some of the required documents include Aadhar Card, SSC Marksheet, School/College Leaving Certificate, Bank Passbook, and Income Certificate, among others.
How can I apply for scholarships through the MahaDBT portal?
To apply for scholarships, you need to register on the MahaDBT portal, verify your Aadhaar number, and complete the application process for the desired scholarship.