The ICC World Cup 2023 is just around the corner, and cricket fans all over the world are eagerly awaiting the start of this prestigious tournament. As the host nation, India is gearing up to showcase its cricketing prowess on the global stage.
In this article, we will delve into the details of the India squad for the ICC World Cup 2023, the schedule of matches, and the team list. Let’s explore the exciting journey that lies ahead for the Indian cricket team.
- The ICC World Cup 2023 will commence on October 5, with India as the host nation.
- India’s squad for the tournament is led by Rohit Sharma, with Hardik Pandya as the vice-captain.
- The tournament features a round-robin format, with each team playing nine games.
- India’s schedule includes exciting matches against Australia, Pakistan, England, and other formidable opponents.
- India has won the World Cup twice, in 1983 and 2011, and aims to add another title to their illustrious history.
India’s Squad for ICC World Cup 2023
India has already announced its squad for the ICC World Cup 2023, and it boasts a formidable lineup of talented players. Rohit Sharma has been entrusted with the captaincy, leading the team for the first time in an ODI World Cup. Hardik Pandya has been named as Sharma’s deputy, adding depth and experience to the team.
India Squad for ICC World Cup 2023: Rohit Sharma (C), Hardik Pandya (VC), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav.
India’s Schedule for ICC World Cup 2023
During the first round of the ICC World Cup 2023, India will face each of the other nine teams once. The team’s opening clash is against Australia on October 8 at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
The men-in-blue will play their final match of the round-robin stage against the Netherlands on November 12 at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
Here is India’s full schedule for the ICC World Cup 2023:
- October 8: India vs Australia, 5th Match – MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai – 2:00 PM
- October 11: India vs Afghanistan, 9th Match – Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi – 2:00 PM
- October 14: India vs Pakistan, 12th Match – Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad – 2:00 PM
- October 19: India vs Bangladesh, 17th Match – Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune – 2:00 PM
- October 22: India vs New Zealand, 21st Match – Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala – 2:00 PM
- October 29: India vs England, 29th Match – Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow – 2:00 PM
- November 2: India vs Sri Lanka, 33rd Match – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai – 2:00 PM
- November 5: India vs South Africa, 37th Match – Eden Gardens, Kolkata – 2:00 PM
- November 12: India vs Netherlands, 43rd Match – M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru – 2:00 PM
India’s Past World Cup Performances
In the previous edition of the ODI World Cup in 2019, India reached the semi-finals but fell short against New Zealand. Despite the disappointment, the team showcased their mettle and proved their ability to compete at the highest level.
India has a rich history in the World Cup, having won the title twice. The first triumph came in 1983 under the captaincy of Kapil Dev, and the second victory was achieved in 2011 under the leadership of MS Dhoni.
Who is the captain of the Indian cricket team for the ICC World Cup 2023?
Rohit Sharma is the captain of the Indian cricket team for the ICC World Cup 2023.
When does the ICC World Cup 2023 start?
The ICC World Cup 2023 starts on October 5.
Who is the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team for the ICC World Cup 2023?
Hardik Pandya is the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team for the ICC World Cup 2023.